Super role with good employers. We placed the current Wardrobe Manager/Tailoress, who is returning home after 7 happy years in the role.
The main responsibilities of the role are the proper care and maintenance of the Principal’s wardrobe, maintain inventories of all clothing, shoes, bags, belts and accessories, and the database of when and where outfits were worn. Other duties include:
- Ensure proper hanging and storage of all garments
- Keep Principal informed of new collections, contact designers to place orders and arrange fittings
- Make any repairs, alterations, fit or style changes e.g. tapering, adding/removing padding, narrowing lapels, buttonholes etc., maintaining drape and proportion
- Develop, copy, adapt patterns to fit measurements, applying your knowledge of design, constructions, styling and fabric.
- Anticipate Principal’s needs in terms of matching clothes with accessories. Take initiative to purchase (with Principal’s approval) clothing or accessories that may be needed for an event
- Ensure all dressing rooms and wardrobes are clean and to highest standard
- Daily supervision of Principal’s laundry, checking to ensure no damage or missing items
- Fold and store all returned laundry to correct wardrobe
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Manager regarding special needs or requests
- Pack and unpack for travel. Occasional requirement to accompany Principal on international travel
- Manage a small team of 2-3 staff. Support Butlers when Principal is selecting outfits for travel
- Deal with quotations and payments approvals, check credit card statements and prepare a monthly wardrobe expense report
The ideal candidate will have a luxury fashion house background or a strong background in a similar role within a private residence.
You will be experienced and skilled, enthusiastic, energetic and an excellent team player able to work with a large wider team of differing nationalities. European passport preferred for ease of travel.
- Salary US$60,000 – $66,000, tax free, paid monthly
- 1 month (30 days) annual vacation with flights
- Beautiful furnished waterfront apartment, all utilities paid,
- Car & petrol, call allowance, medical.